Student Interface for CAP Competency Checklist
Competency Checklist: My Competencies
Select the competency by clicking on a Gray "Faculty" Icon.
If the "Faculty" Icon is green the competency is complete.
If the "Faculty" Icon is orange the competency is pending. To send a reminder, click the Black hourglass icon. To cancel the request, click the X icon.
Once the competency is select, review the competency, and associated skills.
- If there are multiple assessors/preceptors, select the appropriate name from a drop down list.
- Add any comments that will be viewed by the preceptor and also recorded in the competency log.
- Click Instant Assessment or Email Assessment
- Give the device to the preceptor to complete the competency and skill assessment in real time.
- Confirm that the preceptor is the person named in the blue box or click Cancel.
- Complete the assessment and click the appropriate box.
- If all yes, click Competent. If a single or multiple No's, click Not Competent. If the preceptor is unable to assess the student, click "Can't Assess."
- Hand the device back to the student.
This assessment will send the preceptor an email to the email address on record to be completed at a later date. If the email assessment is not complete in a reasonable amount of time, the student should send a reminder or cancel the request to select a new preceptor at the teaching site.
One the "My Competencies" Page:
- If the "Faculty" Icon is green the competency is complete.
- If the "Faculty" Icon is orange the competency is pending. To send a reminder, click the Black hourglass icon. To cancel the request, click the X icon.