How do I use iSeek for a basic search?
Log into Canvas, visit a course, and locate the search field at the top of the screen
Note: only health sciences courses currently have iSeek added. If you do not see iSeek in a Canvas course, it is likely that course is in a program that has not yet implemented iSeek.
Enter a search term in the iSeek search box and hit "Enter"
Search results may include the following:
- Title of the resource (clicking here will download or open the resource)
- Link to the course where the resource was found (click here to go to the course).
- Image preview
Search results that contain PPT slideshows, PDFs, or Echo360 videos contain the following:
For a given resource, click "+" to see more information, including:
- Medical Subject Heading (MeSH) terms associated with this resource
- Event data and other metadata that this resource has been matched to
- Source link to download the file
Once you've found a resource, you can download the original file
To download a Word, Excel, or Image file, click the title in the search results
To download a PPT or PDF click "more" then click "download"
NOTE: Echo360 and Kaltura videos are NOT typically downloadable