How Do I Create an Individual Project in Bongo?
In an Individual Project, students record or upload a video of themselves presenting a topic or demonstrating a specific skill. With the screenshare feature, students can also enhance their project with visual aids.
Create the Bongo Assignment in Canvas
- Enter a title for the Assignment. It must be unique to all your other course assignment titles and cannot be changed once the assignment has been saved.
- Add Points
Select External Tool for Submission Type
- Select External Tool for Submission Type.
- Click Find and select Bongo Learn from the external tool list.
- Check Load This Tool in a New Tab.
Complete and Save the Assignment Information
- Select Limited or Unlimited from the Allowed Attempts dropdown menu. Although Canvas lets you set the number of allowed attempts, you will also need to set this in Bongo.
- Enter Due, Available from, and Until dates.
- Click Save. Remember to click Save & Publish once you have completed creating the Bongo assignment.
Make sure the dates you set in Bongo for the assignment are the same as in Canvas.
Load Individual Project 2020 in a New Window
Activate the Assignment on the Bongo Site
Notice you are now on the Bongo site. If this is the first time you are creating a Bongo assignment in a particular course, you will be prompted with the following Class Creation options; otherwise, you will not see these options:
Click Create a new course
Complete the General Settings
- Enter the Assignment Name (required)
- Enter the Due Date (optional) and Due Time (optional) of the assignment. Make sure that your available and due dates are the same in Bongo and Canvas.
- Select Evaluation Type from the dropdown menu. See explanation of Evaluation Types here.
Complete the Instructions
- In the Instructions section, click on the camera icon to add an instructional video (optional) for the assignment.
- Enter text instructions for the assignment (required). Character limit is 1,024 characters, including spaces.
Toggle Auto Analysis On or Off
Auto Analysis is a tool that will automatically transcribe video submissions and provide a report of key metrics on the student's delivery.
By default this setting is enabled for each assignment. The author can toggle off the feature if not applicable (i.e. a demo where the student does not speak). For more information on Auto Analysis, go here: https://bongolearn.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025433454-Auto-Analysis-Overview
Customize Peer Review
See "How Do I Customize Peer Review in Bongo": https://tuftsedtech.screenstepslive.com/s/19028/m/98696/l/1304759-how-do-i-customize-peer-review-in-bongo
View Status of the Bongo Assignment
Once the Bongo assignment has been saved, you can view each student's progression in the assignment from their first view through completion, evaluation, and published score.
Edit Saved Bongo Assignment
After the Bongo assignment is saved, you may need to edit the settings.
- Click the down triangle next to Overview in the breadcrumb trail.
- Click Configure.
Edit Canvas Assignment
After the Bongo assignment is saved, you may need to edit the Canvas assignment.
- Click the browser tab containing the Canvas assignment.
- Once on the Canvas page, click Edit Assignment Settings on the top righthand side of the screen.