Updating your Kaltura Capture account
The latest update to the Kaltura Capture application requires that you update your login by re-launching the software from Canvas. Please go through these steps before recording your next video.
NOTE: You will not be able to upload new video until you complete these steps. If you recorded video before completing the account update process and the video upload stops at 10%, you will need to locate the files on your computer and manually upload them to My media.
1. Open the Kaltura Capture application on your computer
You can open Kaltura Capture from My Media in a Canvas course or by opening the application directly on your computer.
2. Click on "Manage"
3. Click on the "Information" icon on the left
4. Click "Sign Out" next to your user ID
5. Close the Kaltura Capture application on your computer
6. Launch Kaltura Capture from My Media in any Canvas course
Open any Canvas course, click on My Media, and then click "Add New > Kaltura Capture" to re-launch the Kaltura Capture application.
After completing these steps you can resume recording and uploading video.
Any recordings that you made prior to updating your Kaltura Capture account will need to be manually uploaded using the steps below.
Locate the Kaltura Capture "Recordings" folder on your computer
- Right click on the Kaltura Capture icon on the desktop.
- Select Properties.
- Click on 'Open File Location' and go up one folder to the 'Capture' folder.
- Open the "Recordings" folder.
Alternately, you can go to: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Kaltura\Capture\Recordings\
- Go to the Finder.
- From the "Go" menu, select "Go to Folder".
- In the form, enter ~/Library/Preferences/Kaltura/Capture/Recordings/
- Click "Go".
Alternately, you can go to: /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Kaltura/Capture/Recordings/
Locate the .mp4 file for the recording
The files will have complicated names, so locate the file by looking at the date created and previewing the files. If you recorded both your desktop and video of yourself there will be two files, but you will only be able to upload one of them.
If it will be easier for you to find the file to upload, copy the file to your desktop and rename it.
Upload the file to My Media
Go to My Media in any Canvas course and click "Add New > Media Upload" and select the .mp4 file.