Dental OASIS - Assigning and Managing Student Performance Evaluation Evaluators
OASIS' Student Performance Evaluations require the evaluators (Preceptors) to be assigned to each student or a specific rotation.
To assign evaluators to students:
Enter the course from the Course Drop Down
Select #7 Evaluations and Manage Evaluators. If a year, department and course are not selected, there will be a prompt to provide that information.
This page will be where evaluators are assigned.
- Select "All Locations."
- Select the start date(s) from the menu that should be assigned.
- Click Show: This will define the available rotation dates to assign evaluators to students and open up all of the selected start dates with the associated evaluators and student.
- Click "Open Add Evaluator" to begin the evaluator assignment process.
OASIS provides one page documentation on the page with the following links (boxed in red)
- Tutorial for Add Evaluator
- Tutorial for Event Wizard
Open Add Evaluator
- Select the location and date to assign the preceptor to the student.
- "Search" the Evaluator/Preceptor to assign to students, find the evaluator in the drop down and click "Move Down."
- If the evaluator is evaluating all student, select "All Student," or select the specific students to be evaluated. (Hold Ctrl as selecting.) Also select the "->" for Assoc.
- Click "Add."
Deselecting Evaluators to Students:
- An evaluator can be removed completely from all students in a single rotation by checking the evaluators name check box and selecting "Delete Selected."
- If the evaluator/preceptor has completed the evaluation, and the icon next to the student name is a blue circle, the association should not be deleted.
- To deselect a single student with an evaluator, click on the green X.
Managing Student Performance Evaluation Evaluators As Admin
Management of Student Performance Evaluation Evaluators is located in the Search and Find Evaluations area of Evaluations.
From the course menu, go to Evaluations and "Search and Edit Evaluations."
In the initial logging into OASIS, follow the Select a Course menu.
Select the following:
- Locations: All Locations
- Evaluation Types: Student Performance
- Start Dates: All Start Dates (If a specific date is known, select that date)
- Status: All
- Base Evaluation: All
To View or download a PDF, click on the View or PDF links in Green.
To "Inactivate" an evaluator from a specific student, select "Inact," which is boxed in blue. This will be used for changes to preceptors.
To check when evaluation was complete, click on the "Log," which is boxed in red. This will provide a time stamps for all activity by the preceptor this the evaluation.
To reset the evaluation to allow the preceptor to redo a submitted evaluation, click on "Status," which is also boxed in red.
Changing the Status of a Submitted Evaluation:
Click the Status link.
In the New Status Field, select the drop down to Started. This will change the status from 'submitted' to 'started'. No previous work will be deleted, but can be updated. Once it is changed back to started, the preceptor can access the evaluation in the My Evaluations section.