Collaborating with Colleagues or Teaching Assistants
Do I need to use "Teams"?
"Teams" is a new Poll Everywhere feature that allows users to share and present questions created by other users. This feature replaces "Account Polls", which was how presenters could previously share their questions.
Teams is useful when:
- your TA creates questions for you to present, or;
- you co-teach a course with one or more other faculty and need to add questions from multiple users in the same lecture presentation.
- The "Account Polls" section has been replaced by "Shared with me", which is where the shared questions will appear.
- If ETS set up a "User Group" for you previously, that user group is now a "Team" and you can share with your colleagues without asking ETS for help.
- Unlike "Account Polls", your colleagues will only see the questions that you share with this process: Sharing questions with a Team.
- When you present questions shared by your colleagues, the questions will appear at your presentation URL, not the URL of the colleague who created the question.
Select the questions you want to share and click "New Group"
You don't need to create a new group if your questions are already in a group and ready to be shared.
Click the "Share" link in the group title bar
The "Share" link only becomes visible when you move your cursor over the group title.
Select the Teams that you want to share these questions with
You can share the group of questions with more than one team. You can also create additional groups to share with different teams.
Click "Save" when you have selected the teams you want to share with.
DO NOT select "Everyone at Tufts University". That will make the questions available to every Poll Everywhere user at the university.
Click on "Shared with me" to view questions that are shared with you
To access shared polls, click on "Shared with me" on the left-hand side of your Polls page. Here are the capacities and limitations on using shared questions:
- Present shared questions from your personal Poll Everywhere URL
- Add shared questions to your presentations
- Copy questions to your account
- Run reports on shared questions
- Edit shared questions (unless you copy them to your account)
Adding shared questions to your lecture presentations
Select shared questions in the Presenter app
Shared questions will appear at the bottom of the list of folders in the Presenter app. They can be selected and inserted into your lecture presentations like the other questions in your account.
Presenting questions added by other Team members
A shared question will work for all Team members regardless of who embedded the question into the lecture presentation.
For example, if your TA embedded shared questions into a presentation and sent the file to you, you can still log in as yourself and present the questions through your Poll Everywhere URL even though it was your TA that embedded the questions into the presentation.