How do I embed an Echo360 video using the Canvas text editor?
Any videos in your Echo360 library can be embedded in a Canvas page, discussion, assignment, or anywhere else using the Canvas text editor. This example describes embedding an Echo360 video in an existing Canvas page.
Open the page and click the Edit button.
Click inside the text box to position your cursor where you want to embed the video.
Click the "Apps" icon (looks like a plug).
If you do not see the icon, click on the three vertical dots at the end of the toolbar to reveal it.
Click on "Echo360"
You will see a list of all videos you have access to.
Click on the video you want to embed.
Choose the player size and other options.
- From the Size drop-down list, select the size you want for the embedded video. There are three size options.
- If appropriate, enable the option to Autoplay the video. (It will play as soon as a user opens the page you are embedding it into.)
- If you enable Autoplay, Automute is automatically enabled, to accommodate browsers that no longer allow autoplay with sound. You can enable Automute separately without Autoplay.
- If appropriate, set a Start At time. If set, the video will begin playing at that timestamp, although viewers will be able to rewind/fast-forward the player to view any segment of the embedded video.
- If you prefer to embed a link to the video, rather than the video itself, enable the Link option.