Students - Reading Lists Help
Log in to Canvas and open the course.
Click Reading Lists in the menu on the left.
This will open a list of materials for your course, which may include readings as well as streaming video and audio.
Your instructor may have organized the list into sections. To collapse the sections and view a list of section names, click the Toggle Section View button at the top of the list.
You can then click the name of a section to expand it and view the list of individual items in that section.
If the item is physically on reserve at one of the Tufts libraries, you will see its status, availability, library, and call number included in the details for that item. You then need to go to that library and ask for the item at the circulation desk. Loan periods vary depending on the course. Most of these items can be used for 4 hours at a time so that everyone in the course has a chance to use it.
If the item does not say Complete, you want to check back at a later time until it does the item may have been requested by your instructor, but not yet be ready for borrowing.
If the item has a View Online link, there is no need to visit the library in order to access it... see next section.
In the Reading List, click the View Online link under a citation’s title.
If the item is an e-book, article, or streaming audio/video in the libraries’ collections:
- A new tab will open prompting you to log in with your Tufts username and password.
- You’ll then access the material through a library database.
- Access details vary depending on the database, but you may have the option to download articles and book chapters.
- Note that some e-books have a limit on the number of users who may access them at one time.
If the link is broken, you can report it to library staff. Please make sure you are logged in with your Tufts credentials to the library website before you report a link broken.
- Click the title of the article or book to open the citation record.
- Under Links & Availability, click Mark as Broken on the right.
Click the search icon at the top of the list to search for a specific title, author or keyword.
To filter the items on the list by the type of material, such as Article or Video, click the filter icon and choose the “Filter by types” tab.
If you have questions about your reading list, contact your home library reserves staff.