Instructor - How do I create a webcam video in a Canvas text box?
In Canvas, users can record a webcam video in a number of different tools:
• In any Canvas text box (Announcements / Syllabus / Pages / Assignments / Discussions / Quizzes)
• In any Canvas message (Inbox/email)
• In the Canvas Speed Grader as part of grading Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes -
Go to the Canvas text box in which you want to create a webcam video
- Announcements / Syllabus / Pages / Assignments / Discussions / Quizzes
- This example uses Canvas Pages
Place your cursor in the text box where you want the webcam video displayed
Click the Record/Upload Media icon
NOTE: If your display is not expanded, you might see a "More" icon (3 vertical dots). Click on this More icon to see the Record/Upload Media icon
Select "Upload/Record Media"
Select the Record tab
This displays your computer's webcam recorder
Make sure the proper Microphone and Webcam are selected, then click "Start Recording"
When you are finished recording, click "Finish"
This displays a Preview page. You can Preview the video by clicking on the "Go" button or you can redo the recording by clicking on "Start Over"
When you are finished, click "Save"
This embeds the video into the Canvas Text box.