Instructor - How do I create a webcam video in a Canvas text box?
In Canvas, users can record a webcam video in a number of different tools:
• In any Canvas text box (Announcements / Syllabus / Pages / Assignments / Discussions / Quizzes) - this guide tells you how
• In any Canvas message (Inbox/email) - See: How do I create a Canvas Webcam email message?
• In the My Media tool - See: How do I record a video directly into My Media with Kaltura Capture?
• In the Canvas Speed Grader as part of grading Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes - See: How do I add a Webcam comment to a student's grade in the Canvas SpeedGrader?
Here's how to create a webcam video in a Canvas text box --
Go to the Canvas text box in which you want to create a webcam video
- Announcements / Syllabus / Pages / Assignments / Discussions / Quizzes
Place your cursor in the text box where you want the webcam video displayed
Click the Record/Upload Media icon
This displays the Canvas Record/Upload Media Comment panel, which displays your computer's webcam recorder.
Enter a video title and allow Canvas to access your webcam and microphone
Click anywhere to record
To stop recording, click anywhere on the screen
This adds the webcam recording to the Canvas text box.
This embeds the webcam recording in the Canvas text box.
Note: The example above is a Canvas Pages text box. Webcam videos can be created in any Canvas text box (Announcements / Pages / Syllabus / Assignments / Discussions / Quizzes).