How to add VoiceThread to your Canvas course
VoiceThread is a web-based application that allows you to place collections of media -- like images, videos, documents, and presentations -- at the center of an asynchronous conversation. Tufts pays for VoiceThread access for students and faculty.
To learn more about VoiceThread, see: https://sites.tufts.edu/ets/voicethread/
Open the Modules tool in Canvas
You can add VoiceThread links to the Modules section of your course.
For more information on creating modules, see: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1114-modules-creation-and-management-instructors
Click the "+" button for the module where you want to add a VoiceThread link
Select "External Tool" from the "Add Item" drop-down
Give your VoiceThread link a title by editing the link you've just added.
About VoiceThread link titles:
We typically recommend adding two VoiceThread links to your course, naming them as follows:
- VoiceThread Course Home
- My VoiceThreads
You'll see why this is helpful in the next step.
Click the VoiceThread link you just created to configure it
Use this chart to figure out which option to select:
- If you want the link to point to all of the VoiceThreads shared with the course (available to you and the students)...
- Select Course View and rename the link as "VoiceThread Course View"
- If you want the link to point to the student's personal collection of VoiceThreads...
- Select VT Home and rename the link as "My VoiceThreads"
- If you want the link to point to a specific VoiceThread...
- Select Individual VT and rename the link for the VoiceThread video you're linking to